IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Screen reader works by vocalizing information on the TV screen, such as the program guide and setting screens. To use the screen reader function, an internet connection is necessary.
- The screen reader function only reads text you can focus on or highlight.
- The screen reader function is available only for some countries and languages.
- The screen reader function for apps depends on the app itself.
- As of February 2020, the YouTube™ streaming service is available with the screen reader function. This specification may change without notice.
- When the Screen reader function is set to ON, some edit options, including Move and Hide in Inputs, might not work.
- When the Screen reader function is set to ON, some Quick Settings edit options might not work.
- Models released in the United States support vocalized channel changing.
- When the screen reader function is activated, eARC mode is set to off for eARC supported models.
- The Accessibility shortcut function can switch to either enable or disable the screen reader function on applicable products.