The majority of automatic software updates are provided through an active high-speed internet connection. However, we occasionally offer an update through the antenna, or a digital cable signal.
These software updates keep your TV up-to-date with the latest content, provide programming changes, and enhance your overall viewing experience.
Make sure that your TV is connected to the internet and the Automatic Software Update setting is set to On to to keep the software updated to the most current version.
Receive automatic updates for Android TV™ models
- On the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Help.
- For Android™ 9 OS or Android 8.0 : Select Apps → Help or press the HELP button on the remote.
- Select System software update.
- Select Automatic software download or Automatically check for update.
- Select On.
For XBR A9G / Z9G / X950G / X850G /A9F / Z9F models:
- A notification message appears if there's an available software update. Select UPDATE to start the download and installation.
- The notification message will be displayed for 15 seconds, then will automatically disappear.
- The software update takes about 15 minutes.
- You can use your TV as usual during the update. The update still proceeds even though you turn off your TV.
- Don't unplug the AC power cord from the outlet because the software update will stop.
- If you turn on your TV after the update is completed, the TV will start with the new software.
- If you turn off your TV after an update, your remote control may not work for about two to three minutes.
For all other Android TV models:
- The update may take up to 30 minutes
- You won't be able to use your TV and a screen with an update icon will appear during the software update process.
Receive automatic updates for other LCD / LED TV models
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Product Support or Customer supports.
- Select Automatic Software Update or Automatic Software Download.
- Select On.
If you want to confirm that your TV has the latest software version installed, check the current software version from the Settings menu or the Help menu on the TV and then compare it to the one on the support website.
- Automatic software updates are available on certain TV models only.
- After a software update, the TV clock settings might be lost. Reset the clock if needed.
- The software updates when your TV is in standby mode. The software update will usually complete in the next 24 to 36 hours.
- The orange LED light on the front of your TV will flash and the TV won't respond to the remote either to the buttons on the control panel until the update is complete.
- Perform a Refresh Internet Content after the software update to receive the latest internet video apps.
- You MUST confirm first that your TV has the latest software version. Otherwise, the Refresh Internet Content will delay the Automatic Software Update by another 24 hours.