BRAVIA TV troubleshooting guide
Most issues can be resolved by following easy troubleshooting steps.
First step: perform a soft reset
- Point the remote control at the illumination LED or status LED.
- On the remote control, press and hold the POWER button for at least 5 seconds or until a Power off message appears.
- The TV restarts automatically. Wait for approximately one minute and the TV will turn back on.
- If after one minute the TV does not restart, on the remote control, press the POWER button to turn on the TV.
Next step: Choose your issue
If the issue still occurs after resetting the TV, select the issue or symptom below for further troubleshooting:
- The TV has no power
- TV turns off or randomly restarts
- An LED keeps blinking on the TV
- Slow or unresponsive remote
- Missing channels & signal quality
- Abnormal Picture/Screen
- No Picture/White screen
- TV hangs/freeze
- External inputs & peripherals (USB, HDMI, Screen Mirroring/Cast, Bluetooth)
- No audio, poor audio quality or mechanical sounds
- Network, WiFi & Internet
- I cannot use Voice Search function (Only for Android TV/Google TV)
- Firmware Update issues
- Troubleshooting Apps issues
- Physical damage
If your questions aren't covered in this guide, please enter your query in the search bar on the main Sony support website.