IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Voice Search function helps you find content you are looking for by listening to your vocalized (spoken) search words. In order to use the voice search function, an internet connection is necessary.
Operating systems: Android™ 9, Android 8.0, Android 7.0
When you are using an app, search results will be displayed on your TV screen. Below are examples of apps where the voice search function can be used:
- Google Play™ store
- Google Play™ Movies & TV
- YouTube™ app
- TV broadcast
How does it work?
- On the supplied TV remote control, press the Microphone or Google Assistant button, depending on your TV model.
- Speak what you want to search for, such as a movie title, into the microphone at the top of the TV remote control.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Display & Sound or Sound, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Audio output, and press the Enter button.Note: If Audio output is not shown, skip this step.
- Press the Down arrow button to select eARC mode, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Off, and press the Enter button.