IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If the Android TV™ software update from the USB flash drive doesn't start automatically, check the illumination status LED of the TV:
The LED is blinking white
- The TV software is updating. Wait for the update to complete.
The LED isn't blinking white
- Remove all USB devices from the TV.
- When removing USB flash drives or an external hard drive, make sure the access light of the device isn't blinking.
- With the TV on, unplug the power cord from the wall.
- Connect the USB flash drive containing the software update to the TV's USB port.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall.
- The software update will start automatically.
- The USB flash drive must meet the following conditions:
- The drive format is FAT16, FAT32, exFAT or NTFS.
- The drive has sufficient space for the update file.
- The update file is saved in the root directory of the drive.
- If the software update fails even when the above conditions are met:
- Delete all other files in the USB flash drive and try the update again.
- If the update still fails, format the drive to FAT32 and try again.