IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You can control your cable or satellite box (set-top box) using the TV remote control for your Google TV™ and some Android TV™ models by utilizing the IR control from the TV remote or by connecting the infrared (IR) Blaster cable included with certain models.
Before you start
- This feature is not compatible with all set-top boxes.
- Google TV™ models and some Android TV models (XBR A8H, X800H, X900H, X950H, Z8H, Z9H, AG9, X850G, X950G, Z9G series) allow control without an IR Blaster, utilizing IR control from the TV remote and can control the set-top box without an IR Blaster cable connected. Check your TV manuals for model-specific information.
- If your TV has a TV box setup or Cable/Satellite box setup in Settings → Channels & Inputs or Watching TV → External inputs, then it supports set-top box control.
- If your model includes an infrared (IR) Blaster cable, determine if you have a USB or Plug type IR Blaster cable.
- The Initial Setup screen appears when the TV is set up for the first time and after a factory data reset has been completed.
- The TV Settings menu can be used to set up the IR Blaster anytime after initial setup or if a previously working IR Blaster needs to be reset.