IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You can control your Android TV™ and cable or satellite box (set-top box) with the TV remote control by connecting the infrared (IR) Blaster cable included with the TV. Additionally, some TVs allow control without an IR Blaster, utilizing IR control from the remote.
Before you start
- This feature will not be compatible with all set-top boxes.
- Some TVs are able to control the set-top box without an IR Blaster cable connected. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Determine if you have a USB type or Plug type IR Blaster cable.
Note: Depending on your TV, the IR Blaster cable may have one IR Blaster head.
- The Initial Setup screen will appear when the TV is setup for the first time or after a factory data reset has been completed.
- The Settings menu of the TV can be used to setup the IR Blaster anytime after initial setup or if a previously working IR Blaster needs to be reset.