To transfer video from a MICROMV™ camcorder to a computer using an i.LINK® cable, the MovieShaker™ 3.1 software is required. Standard Digital Video (DV) software is not compatible. If you do not have the MovieShaker 3.1 software, part number 307081004, it may be available for purchase through Sony® Parts and Accessories Sales. Go to Parts and Accessories.
Otherwise, you can use Audio/Video (A/V) cables to transfer the video instead.
- Some VAIO® computers have versions of MovieShaker (3.2 or 3.3) already installed that do not support the MICROMV format. You can install MovieShaker 3.1 without uninstalling the pre-existing versions to add the MICROMV option.
- MovieShaker 3.1 software is only supported for use with the Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system that has been factory installed on the computer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Turn on the camcorder by sliding the POWER switch to the VCR position.
- Insert the tape containing the video footage into the camcorder.
- Rewind the tape to the beginning of the video footage to be transferred.
- Connect the camcorder to the computer using an i.LINK cable.
- Start the MovieShaker 3.1 software on the computer.
- In the MovieShaker window, click the Capture tab.
- Click the Play button to begin playing the video.
- Click the Capture button.
- When you reach the end of the video, click the Stop Capture button.
NOTE: The instruction manual for the MovieShaker 3.1 software is available online. Manuals are posted on your model support page.