IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If you are unable to hear any sound or if the sound recording is really low on recordings created on your computer from the connected USB turntable, there may be an incorrect setting on the computer or the volume level may be set too low. Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed for any of these steps, refer to the operating instructions that came supplied with your unit. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the recorded sound after completing each step.
- Verify the speakers are properly connected to the computer and are turned on.
- Check to make sure the volume level of your computer is not turned down or off and that the volume is set at a moderate level.
- If using headphones, make sure that the headphones are connected to the HEADPHONE jack on the computer and verify whether the headphones have a separate volume switch so that the volume level is set to a moderate level.
- Try playing back another sound file in your computer (such as Audio books, Videos, etc.,) to verify whether this could be a possible computer issue. If the computer does not play back any sound when trying a different sound file, we would recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance.
- If there is still no volume, a problem may have occurred during the recording process or the computer may not have been set to USB audio driver. Verify the set-up steps for the recording process and then try recording the album once more.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.