IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot why the Touch Screen feature has stopped working.
- Download and install the Original - NextWindow™ 1950 Touch Screen Driver. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- After the driver installation is complete, restart the computer .
- Download and install NextWindow™ 1950 Touch Screen Driver Update. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- After the driver update is complete, restart the computer.
NOTE: Reinstalling the original driver then and applying the driver update should resolve the issue. If the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.
- Because the driver has been reinstalled and updated, it will be necessary to calibrate the Touch Screen .