Use the following procedure to set up the Remote Play with PlayStation3 software:
IMPORTANT: The software is preinstalled on Fall 2010 VAIO computer models and available for download on most VAIO computers that have the Windows 7 operating system preinstalled. For availability, check the Remote for PlayStation®3 software for VAIO® Computers website.
- Verify you are able to connect the PlayStation3 system to your network.
- Log into the PlayStation Network using your username and password.
- If you are not able to connect the PlayStation3 system to your network, contact PlayStation support for assistance.
- On the computer, click the Start button and then click All Programs.
- In the All Programs menu, click PlayStation Tools and then click Remote Play with PlayStation3.
- In the What is Remote Play with PlayStation3? window, click the Next button.
- In the Set Nickname window, next to Nickname:, type a name for this computer.
NOTE: The name is used by the PlayStation3 system to identify the computer.
- A Register this computer to the PlayStation3 system window is displayed. Leave this window open and go to the PlayStation3 system.
IMPORTANT: You must be logged into the PlayStation Network in order to setup, access and use the Remote Play feature.
- On the PlayStation3 system, navigate to the Settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, navigate to Remote Play Settings and press the X button.
- Verify Register Device is selected and press the X button.
- In the Register Device screen, select PC and press the X button.
- An 8-digit registration number is displayed.
NOTE: You will have 5 minutes to enter this number in the Remote Play with PlayStation3 software.
- On the computer, in the Register this computer to the PlayStation3 system window, next to Number:, type the 8-digit number displayed in the previous step and then click the Next button.
NOTE: Your registration number will differ from the one displayed in the images.
- The computer and the PlayStation3 system will connect via a wireless connection and complete the registration process.
- If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, or click Yes.
- During the registration process, the computer will disconnect from your wireless network so it can connect directly to the PlayStation3 system.
- When the registration is complete, on the PlayStation3 system, on the Register completed screen, press the X button.
NOTE: On the computer, a Register Device process is complete window is displayed. Leave this window open.
- On the PlayStation3 system, navigate to the Network menu.
- On the Network menu, select Remote Play and then press the X button.
- A Remote Play screen is displayed indicating the PlayStation3 system is ready for a remote connection
- On the computer, in the Register Device process is complete window, click the Connect button.
- When the connection process is complete, on the PlayStation3 system, a Remote Play in Progress screen is displayed.
- On the computer in the Remote Play with PlayStation 3 window, the PlayStation3 menu is displayed and ready for your control.
NOTE: A Key assignment window is displayed showing how to use the keyboard to control the PlayStation3 system.