IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- Set the Automatic Software Update setting to On.
NOTE: The steps on how to set the Automatic Software Update to on vary depending on the model number of the TV. Refer to the instruction guide that came with the TV for additional information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Perform a Refresh Internet Content.
NOTE: To perform a Refresh Internet Content, refer to the instruction guide that came with the TV.
- Turn off the TV.
- Within 10 minutes of turning the TV off, the orange LED light on the front of the TV will begin to flash. This is an indication that the update process has started.
- Once the update has completed the orange LED light will turn off.
- The length of time that it will take for the update to complete will vary depending on the Internet connection and the size of the download.
IMPORTANT: If performed normally, system software updates can take up to 24 to 36 hours to occur. The following procedure is available on 2010 TV models that have been updated to system software 4.020 or higher.