IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Software updates keep your TV up-to-date with the latest content, provide programming changes, and enhance your overall viewing experience.
Before You Start
Make sure to connect your TV to an active internet connection using a high-speed connection with a wired router, a wireless gaming adapter, a wireless bridge, or a wired powerline adapter. Sometimes, we offer an update through the antenna or a digital cable signal.
Receive an Automatic Software Update
Follow the steps according to your TV type:
- Android TV™ devices
Follow the steps according to the TV operating system (OS).
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Product Support or Customer supports.
- Select Automatic Software Update or Automatic Software Download.
- Select On.
- Press the Enter button.
- A forced update is available for certain TVs released in 2010.
- Automatic software updates are available on certain TV models only.
- After a software update, the TV clock might be lost. Reset the clock if needed.
- The software updates when your TV is in standby mode. The software update will usually complete in the next 24 to 36 hours.
- The orange LED light on the front of your TV will flash and the TV won't respond to the remote, or to the buttons on control panel until the update is complete.
- Perform a Refresh Internet Content after the software update to receive the latest internet video apps.
- You MUST confirm first that your TV has the latest software version. Otherwise the Refresh Internet Content will delay the Automatic Software Update by another 24 hours.
Check if Your TV has the Latest Software Version
- Check the current software version on your TV from the Settings menu or the Help menu of your TV.
- Compare the latest software available with the one on your TV, and if the available software is newer, download and install the update. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
*Android and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC; Oreo is a trademark of Mondelez International, Inc. group.