Movies recorded for a long duration are divided into multiple files in the camera with a maximum size of 2GB or 4GB, depending on File Format (MP4, AVCHD, or XAVC-S) and memory card file system (exFAT or FAT32). If the movies are copied directly from the camera, the files remain divided.
Use the PlayMemories Home™ software to import the movies into a computer and automatically combine the divided files into a single, continuous movie.
- Install the latest version of the PlayMemories Home software.
- Some camera models don't allow MP4 movies to be combined. Check your manual for model specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- The audio may skip if you use software other than PlayMemories Home to import the files to the computer.
- Import the movie files using a USB cable. Divided files don't automatically combine if transferred through a Wi-Fi® connection.
- Computers with a FAT32 file system don't allow the files to be automatically combined. To enable this feature, change the file system of the computer to NTFS or exFAT.
WARNING!There is a risk of losing existing data if you change the file system of your computer. Back up all necessary data before changing the file system.
- On a computer with a Microsoft® Windows® operating system, follow these steps to check the File System of your hard drive or external HDD:
- Click Computer or My Computer.
- Right-click the hard drive.
- Select Properties.
- Check File System.