IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you start
- To record MP4 movies, the Dual Video REC setting must be On and both HD and MP4 formats will record simultaneously.
- If your camera has the Intelligent Active setting in the SteadyShot menu, set SteadyShot to a setting other than Intelligent Active. Dual Video REC is not available when Intelligent Active is selected.
- SteadyShot settings differ depending on the model.
- Available file formats differ and some functions are not available, depending on the model. To confirm if your model has the file format or function, check the product manuals .
Recording MP4 movies
Set the Frame Rate as follows according to the file format setting:
- AVCHD file format: set to 60i or 24p
- XAVC S HD file format: set to 30p or 24p
- XAVC S 4K file format: set to 30p or 24p
Note: You cannot record MP4 video when the Frame Rate is set to 60p as the Dual Video REC setting is Off.
- AVCHD file format: set to 50i or 25p
- XAVC S HD file format: set to 25p
- XAVC S 4K file format: set to 25p
Note: You cannot record MP4 video when the Frame Rate is set to 50p as the Dual Video REC setting is Off.
Playback MP4 movies
For NTSC and PAL, you can switch the format of the movie to be played back by selecting the 4K, HD, 4K/MP4 or HD/MP4 icon displayed in the upper right of the playback screen.