IMPORTANT: Not all cameras have Wi-Fi® capability. For more details, refer to the instruction manual supplied with the camera. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
The PlayMemories Mobile™ app can be used to transfer supported file formats for images and videos to a mobile device.
- Still images taken in 3D will be transferred to the mobile device as a JPEG (2D) file.
- PlayMemories Mobile version 2.0 and above supports the transfer of MP4 video file.
- For PlayMemories Mobile app version 2.0 and above, the images can be transferred to a mobile device in various sizes:
- The following file formats cannot be transferred to a mobile device using the PlayMemories Mobile app:
- AVCHD movies.
- Audio files recorded using the HDR-MV1 in .WAV file.
- Movies recorded in PS mode, HS120 mode or HS240 mode cannot be transferred to an Apple® iOS® mobile device.
- Portrait orientation movies in MP4 file format with a resolution of 1080 or higher cannot be transferred using an iPhone® 4 mobile digital device.
Example of movies that were recorded by the following devices that cannot be transferred to a mobile device using the PlayMemories Mobile app:
- HDR-MV1: MP4 (1920x1080)
- Action Cam: HQ mode (1920x1080)
- DSC-TX300V (1440x1080)
The images are stored in the PlayMemories Mobile folder in the Gallery when using an Android™ operating system. When using the iOS® operating system, the images are stored in the Camera Roll.