The Audio Rec Level adjustment is not available or No sound is recorded when using an external microphone with the XLR adapter.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if there is no sound being recorded with your movies when using an external microphone with the Sony® XLR adapter.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the audio status of the recorded movie after completing each step.
- Make sure the connector plug is securely attached to the Multi-Interface Shoe on the camera.
- Make sure that Audio Recording is set to On in the camera.
- Make sure the external microphone is connected to the INPUT1 jack of the XLR Adaptor.
IMPORTANT: The sound cannot be recorded if the REC CH SELECT switch of the XLR adaptor is set to CH1·CH2 and the microphone is connected to INPUT2.
- If you are using the microphone supplied with the XLR adaptor or a +48V (phantom power) microphone, set the INPUT1 switch to MIC+48V.
- If you are using a battery-powered microphone or a microphone that does not need a power supply, set the INPUT1 switch to MIC.
- If you are using an external audio device (mixer, etc.) set the INPUT1 switch to LINE.