Follow these steps to create a Tile in the new Windows UI for a setting or file.
- Open the File Explorer .
- In the File Explorer window, on the File menu, click View.
- On the View ribbon, click to place a check in the box next to Hidden items.
- In the File Explorer window, browse to the location of the desired setting or file.
- Once the setting or file has been located, right-click and hold the icon for that setting or file, drag and drop the icon out to an empty spot on the desktop and on the menu, click Create shortcuts here.
- In the File Explorer window, browse to the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder.
- Drag the shortcut icon for the setting or file you just created and drop it into the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder.
NOTE: If a Destination Folder Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to move to this folder prompt is displayed, click Continue.
- Press the Windows Logo key to switch to the new Windows User Interface (UI) Start screen.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, type the name of the shortcut you just created.
- On the left side of the screen, right-click that shortcut and from the menu click to select Pin to Start.
A tile will now be present on the new Windows UI screen for the setting or file shortcut you just created.