What Digital Voice Recorder software is compatible with the Windows 8 operating system?
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The following software is compatible with the Windows® 8 operating system:
- Sonic Foundry® Sound Forge® software version 9.0d
- Nuance® Dragon NaturallySpeaking® software version 11.00.200.430
NOTE: If you are using Nuance® Dragon NaturallySpeaking® version 9 or 10 that was supplied with the ICDPX312D, ICDPX820D, ICDSX712D, and ICDSX750D model IC recorders, upgrade to version 12.
Please contact a local or online authorized retailer to purchase a Sony product.
For customers in the United States: https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Sound Organizer version 1.3
- If you are using an older version of the software, update the software to the latest one. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- You can edit a file after copying it to the software using a Memory Stick® media.
- For audio files with LPEC (MSV) format, convert it to WAV or MP3 before using the software.
The Digital Voice Editor software is not compatible with Windows® 8 but Sound Organizer can be used instead for models ICDMX20, ICDSX750, ICDPX820, ICDPX820D, ICDSX850, and ICDSX950. Copy the files to the computer prior to using the software.
Sound Organizer version 1.4
IMPORTANT: Sound Organizer version 1.4 is compatible with Windows® 8, but not Windows® 8.1. Please check back for updated information in the next Sound Organizer release.
- Firmware update 1.01 for ICDUX200, ICDUX200F, ICDUX300, and ICDUX300F
- Firmware update 1.02 for ICDUX512
- Only the operating system originally bundled with the computer is supported. An upgraded or multi-boot environment is not guaranteed to work.
- Operation is not guaranteed with all computers and are verified to work in Desktop mode only.