IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- subject is too close to the camera lens
- insufficient lighting
- subject movement
- camera movement
- incorrect camera settings or operation
Watch this or follow the steps below to reduce blur when taking pictures on your camera. If model-specific information is required to complete any step, check your manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Set your camera to Auto Focus mode.
- Check if there's enough lighting to allow your camera to focus on the subject.
- Set the appropriate settings on your device.
- Set the zoom option to the wide-angle (W) position, for close-up or macro-type shots.
- Enable the Program AE mode with higher shutter speed (such as Sports action), for fast-moving subject.
- Set the ISO control to a higher setting.
- Enable the Steadyshot® function.
- Steadily aim the camera at the subject.
- Press the shutter button halfway down.
- A flashing green indicator will appear on the LCD or viewfinder, and your camera will focus automatically.
- The indicator will stop if your camera is already focused on the subject and ready to take the picture.
- If your device has Monitoring AF setting, set it to allow your device to focus even if you don't hold the shutter button halfway down.
- Press the shutter button all the way down to take the picture.
- Don't move, bump or shake the camera when you take a picture.
- Try to mount the camera on a tripod to reduce camera movement.
- Review the picture.
- If the steps above don't work, reset your camera to factory settings, then repeat the steps.
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.