Follow this procedure when the platter of a CD Changer does not spin or displays Table Error.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete a step, check the product manual of the CD Changer. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Open the door to the unit.
- Press the center button in the Jog Dial , and attempt to remove all the CD's in the unit.
- Verify that all the discs that were installed in the unit are removed. If all the discs do not come out, the unit will need service.
- If the player is not operating correctly, reinstalling CDs may damage the CDs.
- Attempt to rotate the platter with all discs removed. If the platter rotates, install a few discs to verify operation.
- If the platter does not spin when the unit is empty, service will be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.