IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow the steps below if your programmed universal remote control stops working:
- Install new batteries in the remote control.
- Make sure that the Infrared (IR) sensor of the device isn't blocked.
- Depending on the remote control, press the appropriate function button or move the slide switch for the product to be operated.
- Try using the remote control at varying distances from the product.
- If the issue is still unresolved, reprogram the preset code number for the product into the remote control.
- For preset code numbers and programming information, visit the Remote Control Programming Support website.
If the universal remote doesn't operate any devices, follow these additional steps.
- Some products require setting the Command Mode to allow remote operation. For model-specific information, check your manual.
- Some products must be turned on prior to remote operation.
- Universal remote controls may not be able to operate all the functions of a device. Special operations such as menu, sleep, and timer functions may require the use of the original remote control.
- Devices with no IR remote control functions can't be controlled.
- Products that require a Radio Frequency (RF) controller can't be controlled.