IMPORTANT: It is recommended that all car stereo installations be performed by a qualified, professional installer. Some troubleshooting steps may also require a professional installer.
NOTE: For model-specific information regarding the procedures below, consult the instruction manual of the car stereo. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If the car stereo system has a detachable faceplate, clean the metal contacts with a cotton swab.
IMPORTANT: Turn off the ignition before cleaning and remove the key from the ignition switch before cleaning the connectors.
- Attempt to turn on the car stereo system.
- If the car stereo system or changer will not turn on, press the RESET button.
- Check if the power connection wires are properly connected.
- Check to make sure the fuse is not blown.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.