If the car stereo receiver is producing little or no bass sound, there are a couple of items that will need to be checked:
IMPORTANT: Some of the features listed below are not available on all car stereo systems. Consult the instruction manual for a list of available controls and information about using these features. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Adjust the BALANCE and FADER controls.
- Make sure the LOUDNESS or BASS function has been enabled.
- Change the Digital Signal Processor (DSP) or Equalizer (EQ) control to a different setting.
- Verify the polarity on the left and right speakers are accurate.
NOTE: If one speaker has the correct polarity but the polarity on the other speaker is reversed, there will be little to no bass.
- If the issue is not resolved, reset the car stereo to factory specifications.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved, there may be a problem with the installation or speaker connections. A professional installer should be contacted to evaluate the installation.
If the issue is still unresolved after a qualified installer verifies your installation, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.