If the car amplifier is not producing any sound or audio, there may be a loose connection or a problem with the installation. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure the amplifier is securely and snuggly set on a flat surface.
- Remove all speaker wires and audio cables from the amplifier except for the minimum connections, which consists of the power, ground and remote leads.
- Check the amplifier to verify the amplifier has a power, ground and remote turn-on signal. Most amplifiers have an LED that will indicate when there is power, such as a green lamp.
NOTE: If your amplifier still has a problem at this point, there is either an installation problem or your amplifier will need service.
- Check for blown fuses and if necessary, replace them.
- Add the audio cables to the amplifier first and make sure the cables are securely connected. Then test the amplifier to make sure there are no issues.
- Add the speaker wires one at a time to make sure the connections are accurate and secure.
NOTE: If the speaker wires cause the problem, verify the wires and/or terminals are not touching any metal in the vehicle and that there are no pinched wires, which may cause grounding issues.
WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. Do not connect any active speakers with built-in amplifiers to the speaker terminals. Doing so may damage the amplifier and active speakers.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.