Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the error Boot Disk Failure.
- Remove all removable media (floppy disks, CDs, etc.) and restart the computer.
- Press and hold the power button for up to ten seconds to shutdown the computer.
NOTE: If the system enters standby, press and hold the power button for up to ten more seconds until the computer powers off, then restart the computer.
- Reset the BIOS Setup defaults .
- Remove nonbundled installed hardware.
- Ensure the ribbon cable is properly connected to the hard drive.
- Perform a System Recovery of the computer.
- If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.