If the audio sound is intermittent through one or more of your speakers when playing your stereo, there may be a problem with the connection or a problem with the speakers. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
- Turn off the Audio/Video (A/V) stereo receiver.
- Verify the speaker wires are properly connected to both the speakers and the A/V receiver.
- Turn off any nearby electronic devices that may be interfering with the speaker sound.
- Move the speaker wires away from any electrical cords.
- If the issue is still unresolved, reset the A/V receiver to the factory default settings.
NOTE: Consult the instruction manual of the A/V stereo receiver for the reset instructions. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Try replacing the speaker wires.
- If possible, connect a different set of speakers.
NOTE: If the problem is eliminated when different speakers are connected, the issue is with the original speakers. If the problem is not eliminated, then the problem is with the A/V receiver.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.