IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: If the picture recovers by itself within 15 seconds, this is normal operation.
- Ensure the TV is set to the correct video input to receive the signal from the HDMI® component.
- Verify that the HDMI component is outputting the signal in a format compatible with the TV.
NOTE: The TV may not be capable of accepting the currently selected resolution. Some components allow you to select different resolutions. Check the instruction manual that came with the component for information on available video formats. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If possible, verify that the issue is happening when using other HDMI components. Connect another HDMI component to the TV.
- Ensure the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the component and the TV.
Perform a power reset on the TV and HDMI components.
- Turn off the component and TV.
- Unplug the power cords of the component and the TV.
- Allow both the component and the TV to remain without power for 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cords for the component and the TV back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the component and TV.
- If there is still no picture, replace the HDMI cable between the component and TV or try using a different connection method.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.