WARNING: A hard reset will erase all content on the Reader.
- Ensure the device is powered off by checking that the indicator above the power button is not illuminated.
- Remove the cover and press the reset button on the back of the Reader using a pin or paper clip.
- Turn on the Reader.
- While the screen displays Starting up ... , hold down the MARK and VOL+ buttons.
- The MARK and VOL+ buttons must be held down continuously.
- If Starting up... does not display on the screen, charge the Reader's battery for several hours before attempting the reset process again.
- Continue to hold the MARK and VOL+ buttons until the screen displays Reset All: Do you want to DELETE all content, restore all factory settings, and remove the CONNECT ID? Yes - Press 5. No - Press MENU.
- Press the 5 button to hard reset the Reader.
NOTE: The hard reset could take several minutes if there are many files on the Reader. When the reset completes, the Reader will turn off.