Follow this procedure below to troubleshoot the touchpad.
IMPORTANT: This information applies only to computers using the operating systems listed below this article in the Applicable Products and Categories section.
- This issue may be caused by an installed printer that is not physically attached and turned on. Attach and turn on the printer and then start the notebook.
- Download and install any Touchpad driver updates available. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Disable the tapping feature of the touchpad .
- Ensure the touchpad is not accidentally being touched while using the keyboard.
- Slow down the speed of the pointer and the double-click speed .
- Reinstall the touchpad drivers.
NOTE: Reinstall the touchpad drivers. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Verify the correct AC adapter is being used and connected properly.
- Restore the computer back to a date when the touchpad was working properly using the System Restore feature .
- Test the touchpad in safe mode . If the touchpad works properly in safe mode, installed software is causing the issue and a full System Recovery may resolve the issue.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.