IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: The procedures listed may not apply to all Sony® cameras. Consult the instruction manual of the camera for specific operation of these functions. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Verify that the lens cap is not covering the camera lens.
- If operating the camera with a battery, ensure the battery is fully charged.
- If operating the camera with the power adapter, ensure it is plugged into a working AC outlet.
- Verify that the LCD screen is turned on.
- Adjust the LCD brightness control.
- Change the shutter speed or aperture settings.
- If the issue is not resolved, try resetting the camera .
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.