If your audio system turns off by itself, there may be a problem with the electrical power or a possible loose connection. Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue:
- Check your device manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Check the power status after completing each step.
- Plug your device into a working wall outlet, and not on a power strip or surge protector, to reduce the possibility of a short circuit.
- Plug your device into a different wall outlet.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control to avoid sending unintentional signals to your device.
- Disconnect the speakers.
- If disconnecting the speakers resolves the issue, then either the speaker settings on your device aren't set correctly or there is a problem with the speakers. Reconnect the speakers to the unit one at a time to see if there is a speaker that is causing the issue.
- Remove all connected components.
- If resolved, then one of the previously connected components is causing the issue. To determine what device is faulty, reconnect each component one at a time to your device.
- Turn off Sleep mode.
- If the AUTO.STBY is set to ON, change the setting to STBY OFF or OFF.
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.