Check if there's a light indicator on your stereo system after you complete each step. If you need model-specific information to complete any step, check your manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Securely plug your device to a working wall outlet.
- Remove any surge protector.
- If it still won't turn on, try a different wall outlet.
- Make sure that your device is set to the correct voltage for your area.
- Some devices have a 110 to 220 voltage switch where the default setting is 220V. Verify that this switch is set to 110V.
- Press and hold the POWER button, and unplug it from the wall outlet at the same time.
- Release the POWER button.
- If you haven't used your device for more than three hours with the volume set at a high level, unplug it for one to two hours to reset any output generators inside the unit to avoid overhearting and further damage.
- Make sure that your device has enough ventilation.
- Plug your device back into a wall outlet
- Turn on your device.
- If applicable, reset your device.
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.