If all you hear from the speakers is static or distorted sound, there could be an incorrect setting or there may be a problem with the speakers. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue.
- Verify the speakers are properly connected to the system.
- If applicable, try changing the sound mode on the system.
- Try changing any controls that are on your system, such as the balance control, tone control, volume control, etc.
- Try playing a different source (CD, TAPE, RADIO, etc).
- If applicable, try replacing the speaker wires with a different gauge of speaker wire.
- If possible, test the speakers on a different stereo system.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.