If the TV produces a high-pitched noise, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Change the channel or video input of the TV.
IMPORTANT: If the noise only occurs on a specific channel or input, the issue may be with the signal being received. It may be necessary to contact the signal provider.
- Turn off the TV.
- Ensure that any audio or video components are connected to the TV properly.
- Remove all third party audio or video components connected to the TV.
NOTE: If the issue is resolved after removing third party audio or video components, one of those components causes the issue. To determine exactly which component is causing the issue, reconnect each audio or video component independently and check the status after each component is connected.
- Unplug the TV power cord from the AC outlet.
- Let the TV set without power for 30 seconds.
- Plug the TV power cord back into the AC outlet.
- Turn on the TV.
If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.