Follow this procedure to troubleshoot poor picture quality from an over-the-air antenna.
- Ensure the antenna is in good condition and securely connected to the Cable/Antenna or VHF/UHF input on the TV.
- If using a TV that does not support High Definition (HDTV), an HDTV receiver is required to receive a TV signal.
- The use of signal splitters can diminish reception. If signal splitters are being used to send the signal to multiple televisions throughout the home, then the signal strength may be too degraded to provide good enough reception.
- Ensure the TV has been set to Antenna or Cable: Off in the menu.
- If a VCR is connected to the TV, turn off the VCR.
- Try adjusting the position of the antenna.
IMPORTANT: The type of antenna being used and how far away a particular station is helps determine what type of reception you will receive; the reception of certain stations may be better than others. To determine which stations are available in your area and to find out the recommended type of antenna to use, visit the http://www.antennaweb.org Web site.
NOTE: Poor reception can also be caused by the following factors:
- Distance from the broadcast tower.
- Strength of the signal being broadcast.
- Any buildings or hills between the broadcast tower and the antenna.
- The size and quality of the antenna.
- Adverse weather conditions.
- Poor picture quality on a High-Definition Television (HDTV) may be related to the type of signal being received; click here for further information.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.