IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If the Near Field Communication (NFC™) function is not working with the mobile device or the PlayMemories Mobile™ app cannot be connected, check any of the following.
IMPORTANT: The information below may differ depending on the type of mobile device. If necessary, refer to the instructions manual of your mobile device or contact the manufacturer for model specific information.
- Make sure the mobile device supports the NFC technology .
- The NFC function may also be referred to as Reader/Writer or P2P depending on the type of mobile device.
- The NFC feature of Apple® iPhone® mobile digital devices and other Apple iOS® devices is currently not compatible with one-touch connection. (As of June 2016)
- Your mobile device needs to have an app that supports NFC. Depending on the mobile device, it may have an app called Connected devices, Android Beam™ app or something else that can be selected.
- Make sure you have the PlayMemories Mobile app downloaded and installed onto your mobile device.
- Make sure the NFC function is turned on in the Wireless or Network Settings menu of the mobile device.
- Make sure the Airplane Mode in the camera menu is set to Off.
- If the mobile device is enclosed in a case or skin, remove it.
- Make sure the NFC mark () on the camera is aligned to the NFC area of your mobile device when tapping the devices together.
- The PlayMemories Mobile app automatically starts about 1-2 seconds after tapping the camera and mobile device together.
- When the camera is in movie/photo recording mode, Ctrl with Smartphone starts up.
- When the camera is in Playback mode, Send to Smartphone starts up and images being played back on the camera will be transferred on the mobile device.
- If the Wi-Fi® setting of your camera is set to OFF or set to Multi connection, PlayMemories Mobile cannot be connected. Set the Wi-Fi setting to Single connection.
You can connect the camera to a smartphone via QR Code in any of the following situations:
- A QR Code appears on the camera's display panel when you select Ctrl with Smartphone on the camera.
- A QR Code appears on the camera's display panel when you activate Smart Remote Control on the PlayMemories Camera Apps.
- A QR Code is printed on the rear of the battery cover of the camera.
Try the connection by executing Scan QR Code of the camera in PlayMemories Mobile.