IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to adjust the touch pad sensitivity.
IMPORTANT: Before beginning this procedure, download and install all driver, system and application updates available for your computer. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Press the Windows Logo + X key combination on the keyboard and, from the list, click Control Panel.
NOTE: Because the Control Panel is a traditional Windows® Desktop application, if you were not already there, the interface will change to the Desktop and the Control Panel window will open.
- In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound.
- In the Hardware and Sound screen, under Devices and Printers, click Mouse.
- In the Mouse Properties window, click the Device Settings tab.
- On the Device Settings tab, click the Settings button.
- In the Properties of Synaptics ClickPad window, scroll to and click to expand Pointing.
- Under Pointing, click Sensitivity, and then click the Tools icon.
- In the Sensitivity window, click and drag the slider arrow to adjust the setting as desired, and then click the Close button.