The Screen mirroring or Wi-Fi direct compatible device doesn't detect my TV
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If BRAVIA or the model number of your TV isn't displayed on the device screen, set the input of your TV to Screen mirroring or turn on the Wi-Fi Direct® feature depending on which feature your device supports.
Devices that support Screen mirroring
Make sure that the TV input is set to Screen mirroring.
- If Screen mirroring isn't displayed in the input menu, your TV doesn't support this feature.
- In this case, a separate article is available that provides alternate methods you can use to display the content of a mobile device on your TV screen.
- Connectivity with all Miracast™ compatible devices isn't guaranteed.
- The video quality may be degraded due to environmental interference.
Devices that support Wi-Fi Direct
The steps may differ depending on your TV and operating system (OS). Check your manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Android TV™ and Google TV™ models
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options
- Select Network & Internet → Wi-Fi Direct → Wi-Fi Direct Settings.
- Select Network → Wi-Fi Direct → Wi-Fi Direct Settings.
- Select Network → Wi-Fi Direct → Wi-Fi Direct → set to On → Wi-Fi Direct Settings.
- Check if BRAVIA or the model number of your TV appears on the device screen.
- If the issue still occurs and the TV is connected to the network with a LAN cable, change the connecting channel.