IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Confirm Menu Screen Before a Factory Reset
The steps in this article are only applicable if the menu screen of your device looks like the image below:
Perform Factory Reset on Your Blu-ray Disc Player or Network Media Player
- You can restore all the settings or choose only one particular setting:
- Screen Settings
- Audio Settings
- BD/DVD viewing settings
- Parental Control Settings
- Music Settings
- System Settings
- Network Settings
- Use the directional arrows buttons on your device's remote control to navigate through the menus, and the middle button to select an option.
- Power on your device.
- Set the correct video input on your TV to display your device's menu.
- On your remote control, press the HOME button.
- Press the left arrow button and navigate to Setup.
- On Setup, use the down arrow button and go to Resetting.
- Press the Enter button.
- Under Resetting, select either Reset to Factory Default Settings or Initialize Personal Information.
- Reset to Factory Default Settings option will display another menu where you can reset the current network, or the audio and video settings on the player. Select All Settings if you want to restore everything.
- Initialize Personal Information will erase all personal information stored on the player and some internet apps.
- If you want to completely restore your device, perform both options.
If the above steps didn't resolve your issue, your device may need service.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.