Important information before streaming live videos through the IBM Cloud Video service
The IBM (International Business Machines) Corporation announced that the IBM Cloud™ Video service (previously known as Ustream®) ended free streaming on September 17, 2018 from that date only provides paid service plans. For more details, check the Notice on the IBM® Website.
Before You Start
- Make sure to install the lastest firmware version for your camera. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Create an IBM Cloud Video service account. For additional details on the service account setup, refer to the online Help Guide.
Streaming from a Handycam® Camcorder
- Correctly register the access point on the camcorder.
- Configure the Streaming Services settings on the Network Settings Tool of the PlayMemories Home™ software correctly.
Streaming from an Action Cam
When using the Action Cam Movie Creator software:
- Complete the Wi-Fi® network settings and Streaming settings on the Network setting tool of the Action Cam Movie Creator software.
- The Network setting tool can be accessed through the Action Cam Movie Creator software.
When using the PlayMemories Home software:
- In the PlayMemories Home software, make sure Wi-Fi and Streaming Services are correctly configured in the Network Setting Tool section.
Troubleshoot Streaming Issues
If you're unable to stream videos through the IBM Cloud Video Service:
- Make sure to set the date and time of the camera correctly.
- Check if you can stream videos by using the app for streaming videos on Ustream on the smartphone
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Move your camera closer to the internet connection source. Streaming operation will be unstable if the camera is too far from the internet source.
- Check the network usage limitation with your service provider.