IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- To setup the live stream using Ustream™ service, refer to the Ustream setup guide.
- Although Ustream is now offering different paid plans for their service, the Basic plan remains offered which is still Free of charge.
- Make sure the following have been configured before streaming outdoor videos.
- The latest system software version has been installed on the camera. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- A Ustream account has been created.
For Handycam® camcorder:
- The access point should be correctly registered on the camcorder.
- The Streaming Services settings on Network Settings Tool of PlayMemories Home™ software should be correctly configured.
For Action Cam:
- The Wi-Fi network settings and Streaming settings on the Network setting tool on the Action Cam Movie Creator software are completed.
- The Network setting tool can be accessed through the Action Cam Movie Creator software. To download the Action Cam Movie Creator software, visit the support website.
Troubleshooting information for the camera settings and wireless connection
If you are unable to stream videos using Ustream, check the following.
- Make sure the date and time of the camera are set correctly.
- Make sure you have a stable Internet connection.
- If the wireless communication quality is poor, streaming may be interrupted. Start the streaming again where the wireless communication is good.
- For mobile Wi-Fi® connection or mobile device tethering:
- Check if you can stream videos by using the app for streaming videos on USTREAM on the mobile device.
- Close the distance between the mobile Wi-Fi router or mobile device and this unit. Streaming operation will be unstable if the distance is too great.
- Check the network usage limitation with your service provider.