This information is provided to help guide you through the initial setup as well as the wireless network setup to configure your BDPS-2200 or BDPS-3200 Blu-ray Disc™ player. A video tutorial is also provided.
Before you start
- Before connecting the power, connect the Blu-ray Disc player to your TV or Home Theater system using an HDMI® cable.
- During the initial setup, you may be prompted to install a software update for the player. This may happen after the player is connected to the internet, but before the setup is complete. If this happens, continue with the setup and then follow the instructions to update the player software.
Blu-ray Disc player initial setup
- Make sure your Blu-ray Disc player is connected to your TV or Home Theater system.
- Turn on your TV or Home Theater system and make sure it 's set to the correct input to view the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Connect power to the Blu-ray Disc player using the supplied AC adapter.
- If the player does not turn on, press the Power button on the top right-front of the unit. When using the remote, make sure the batteries are installed correctly and press the Power button. When the player is fully powered on, you should see the choose language screen. Select your language and then press the Enter button.
- Select the desired Quick Start mode and then press the Enter button. If you have any issues installing firmware updates, set the Quick Start mode to Off.
- At the completion screen, select Easy Network Settings and press Enter.
- Review the introduction screen for Network Settings and press Enter to start the setup process.
- The player will check the internet connection, search for available wireless networks, and present a list of networks to select from.Note: For the BDPS-3200, select the wireless option to proceed.
- Review the information on the selection screen. If your access point supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) and you have used it to setup other devices on your network, you can select this option, otherwise use the option to select your network from the list.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) option:
- With Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) selected, press Enter on the remote.
- Locate the WPS button on your router (access point) so that you know where it is. After locating it, press Enter on the remote to start the connection process.
- Press the WPS button on your router (access point). You have two minutes to press the WPS button before the player stops looking for the signal.
- When the player finds the router (access point), the player will exchange information with the access point.
- Once the network connection is completed, the WPS setup is successful.
- Select from the list option:
- Use the Down arrow button on the remote to highlight the name of your access point and press Enter on the remote.
- If you have security set up on your network, you'll have to enter the security key (password). Press the Enter button to enter the security key.
- Use the Arrow and Enter buttons on the remote to type the security key (password). Upper case letters are selected using the UP arrow beneath the letter "a" on the on-screen keyboard. When you are done, move to Enter on the on-screen keyboard and press Enter on the remote.
- You will return to the WPA Key screen. Notice the asterisks (******) after the WPA Key prompt. This shows that you have entered your security key. Press the Right arrow button on the remote to continue.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) option:
- The player will check the network connection and display a completion screen once a successful connection is made. With OK selected, press Enter to continue.
- Some Blu-ray discs require an internet connection for playback of special content. If you want to allow this, select Allow and press Enter on the remote.
- Information about the content on Blu-ray discs can be viewed when connected to the Gracenote® database. If you want to automatically collect this information, select Auto and press Enter on the remote.
- Setup is complete, press Enter to continue.
- You'll need to update the internet video content to see all of the available services, press Enter to continue.
- Review the End User License Agreement. Press the Right arrow on the remote to select Agree and Next, and then press Enter to continue.
- The player will update internet content. When complete, press Enter.
- When the process is complete and internet content is ready, press Enter to close and return to the menu of the player.
The Blu-ray Disc player is now ready for use.
If you skipped a software update during the player setup, follow these steps to install it:
- Make sure the player is turned on and the TV is set to the correct input to view the player.
- Using the player remote, press the Home button. This will bring up the player menu.
- Use the Left arrow on the remote to move to the Settings menu.
- Use the Up arrow on the remote to move to the Software Update option, and then press the Enter button.
- Two update methods are available, but since the player is connected to the internet (assuming the above steps were completed successfully), select Update via internet and then press the Enter button.
- The player will search for an update, if one is found, press the Right arrow on the remote to select OK, and then press Enter to proceed.
- Information about the update is displayed. It is important to never turn off the player during a software update. Press Enter to proceed.
- The software update process will start and a progress bar is displayed.
- The screen will change slightly when the download starts and the progress bar will begin to move as the update is downloaded.
- Once the update is downloaded, the screen will change again as the update is installed on the player.
- When the update is fully installed, the player will turn off.
- Press the Power button on the top right-front of the unit, or press the Power button on the remote to turn the player back on. After the update is complete, you may need to refresh the internet content to see all internet services.