IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The following are the possible causes for sound not to output when a cable box is connected to an AV receiver and to the TV using an HDMI® cable.
- If the settings of the cable box is not set correctly.
- If the cable used to connected the TV and the cable box is not connected properly.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue.
- Connect the HDMI cable from the HDMI OUT of the cable box to the HDMI SAT/CATV input of the AV receiver.
NOTE: In this case, the HDMI SAT/CATV input used is just an example of an input labeled on the AV receiver, but you can use any of the HDMI inputs on the AV receiver.
- Connect another HDMI cable from the TV OUT of the AV receiver to the HDMI IN of the TV.
- Change the function of the AV receiver to SAT/CATV.
NOTE: Set the corresponding input of the AV receiver being used. In this case, press the SAT/CATV button on the remote control of the AV receiver.
- Set the INPUT of your TV to the corresponding HDMI IN used.
- Set the HDMI audio output of the AV receiver.
NOTE: Follow these steps to set the audio output of the AV receiver. For details on how to change the settings, check the operations guide that came with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Press the HOME button on the supplied remote control of the AV receiver.
- In the menu of the AV receiver, select Set up.
- Under the Set up, select HDMI Settings.
- In the HDMI settings, select Audio Out.
- Under Audio Out, select AMP.
NOTE: If you set the Audio Out to TV+AMP, audio will be heard from the speakers of the AV receiver and the TV.
- Set the Speaker settings of the TV. Follow these steps to change TV Speakers.
- Press HOME button using the supplied remote control of the TV.
- In the menu of the TV, select Settings.
- Under Settings, select Audio Settings.
- In the Audio Settings, select TV Speakers.
- Under the TV Speakers, select Audio System.
- If still sound is not heard after adjusting all these settings, set the Input Mode of the AV receiver to Auto.
- For other audio related issues, use the information listed below: