IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
How to access PlayStation™ Now service on the TV.
- Make sure that the TV is connected to a high-speed Internet network using a wireless connection or a wired cable connection.
NOTE: A wired connection is recommended in order to maintain an ideal and stable bandwidth connection .
- Make sure that the TV has the latest system software by performing the Software Update.
- Using the remote supplied with the TV, press the HOME button.
- Select Help.
- Select Customer Support.
- Select Software Update.
- Perform Refresh Internet Content from the TV menu.
- Using the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Refresh Internet Content.
- Once the update is complete, press the HOME button to return to the Home screen. Then select PlayStation Now.
In order to begin using the PlayStation Now app, you must sign-in using a PlayStation® Network (PSN) account.
How to setup a gaming controller.
NOTE: Only the DualShock® 3 wireless controller is supported. Additional information is available regarding the amount of controllers that can be used with the TV.
- Connect a DualShock 3 wireless controller to the USB port on the TV.
- Press the PS button to sync to the TV.
- The message DUALSHOCK wireless controller detected will appear. You can begin using the controller
- After the controller is detected, you can unplug the USB cable and use your controller using a Bluetooth if desired.
- To add additional controllers just follow the previous steps and check the controller light indicators to ensure that it's being assigned the correct port/slot.
If you are unable to access the PlayStation Now app or you need assistance with your PlayStation Network account, contact the PlayStation chat support group for further assistance.
A separate article is available if you are unable to use the DUALSHOCK4 controller to play PSNOW on your TV or Blu-ray Disc® player .