What is a PIN and how do I create or reset it?
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The PIN is a security feature of your Sony® Entertainment Network (SEN) account on your TV, Blu-ray Disc® player or home entertainment system. You need to create a 5-digit PIN when you activate the device for the first time.
You will be asked to enter your PIN in the following circumstances:
- Before accessing your Sony Entertainment Network account.
- Renting or playing a movie on your TV, Blu-ray Disc player or home entertainment system.
- Switching between different PlayStation™ Network services.
- If your session has been idle for 30 minutes.
NOTE: The device PIN request cannot be switched off. This is to maintain your account security.
If you have forgotten your PIN or need to create your PIN for the first time you can do so through the Sony Entertainment Network account management site.
Follow the steps below to change or create your PIN:
- Sign-in to your Sony Entertainment Network account.
- Select the Account tab.
- Click on the Security section on the left of the screen.
- Click Change PIN or Create PIN.
- Enter your password.
- Choose your PIN and confirm it.
- Click Save.