Error: Your TVs HDMI port is not compatible with your 4K Media Player. Please make sure the Player is connected to an HDCP 2.2 compatible HDMI port.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
This error appears in the following instances:
- The 4K Ultra HD media player is connected to a TV that does not support 4K.
- The 4K Ultra HD media player is connected to a 4K TV that is not HDCP 2.2 compatible.
- The HDMI® cable uses to connect the 4K Ultra HD media player to the TV is not working properly or does not support a 4K signal.
To resolve this, make sure of the following:
- Verify if the TV has an HDMI® port that is HDCP 2.2 compatible.
- Try more than one HDMI cable. It is recommended to use a high quality, high-speed HDMI cable.
NOTE: Visit the HDMI.org website for information regarding HDMI cables and HDMI technology.
- Try different HDMI inputs on the TV. Some model 4K TV may only support HDCP 2.2 when using select HDMI inputs. Refer to the operations manual supplied with the TV for more information.
If the error still appears after following the suggestions above, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.