IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
You can set up the Chromecast built-in (Google Cast™) feature as an alternative to the Miracast® or Screen Mirroring feature to cast your favorite entertainment and apps from your mobile device or computer to your Android TV™ device or speakers. Set up Chromecast built-in using the Google Chrome™ browser or Chromecast-enabled apps and websites.
- Cast using the Google Chrome browser on your computer
- Cast using Chromecast-enabled website or apps from your mobile device
- The Cast icon disappears from the YouTube™ app on a device using an iOS™ operating system.
- The mobile device doesn't detect my Android TV as a Google Cast device or the connection fails.
If you still can't cast after you perform the troubleshooting listed above, follow these steps to make sure that the Chromecast built-in app isn't disabled:
- On the supplied IR remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Under the TV category, select App.
- Under the App category, select System app.
- Under the System app category, select Google Cast Receiver or Chromecast built-in.
- Select Enable.
*Google, Android, Android TV, Chromecast built-in, and other related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC.