IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow these instructions if the following issues occur:
- The Android TV™ device isn't detected as a Chromecast™ Built-in (Google Cast) device.
- The Cast icon isn't displayed on the mobile device.
- The Cast icon is available on the mobile device and the TV model is detected, but Cast doesn't work.
- Error There was a problem connecting to XXX-XXXXX (Model name) appears and the connection fails even though the Cast icon is available on the mobile device and the TV model is detected.
Check if the Chromecast Built-in function works after completing each step.
- Make sure your TV has the latest software update. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Connect the mobile device and your TV to the same network.
- If you are using a dual-band wireless router, make sure your devices are connected to the same frequency.
- Make sure that the Google Cast™ Receiver or Chromecast Built-in app is enabled.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Select Chromecast Built-in.
- Select Enable.
- Select OK.
- Make sure the Chromecast Built-in app version is the latest version available in the Google Play™ Store.
- Set the correct date and time on your TV.
- Restart the app, router, and mobile device.
- Reset your TV.