How to access the PlayStation Now service on a Blu-ray Disc player
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- Make sure that the Blu-ray Disc® player is connected to a high-speed Internet network using a wireless connection or a wired cable connection.
NOTE: A wired connection is recommended in order to maintain an ideal and stable bandwidth connection.
- Make sure that the Blu-ray Disc player has the latest system software by performing the Software Update. Updates are available from the menu of the Blu-ray Disc player or from this web site using a computer. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Once the update is complete, press the HOME button to return to the Home screen. Then select PlayStation Now.
- In order to begin using the PlayStation™ Now app, you must sign-in using a PlayStation® Network (PSN) account.
How to setup a gaming controller:
NOTE: Only the DualShock® 3 wireless controller is supported. Additional information is available regarding the amount of controllers that can be used with the TV.
- Connect a DualShock 3 wireless controller to the USB port on the TV.
- Press the PS button to sync to the TV.
- The message DUALSHOCK wireless controller detected will appear.
- You can begin using the controller after the controller is detected, you can unplug the USB cable and use your controller using a Bluetooth if desired.
- To add additional controllers just follow the previous steps and check the controller light indicators to ensure that it's being assigned the correct port/slot.
If you are unable to access the PlayStation Now app or you need assistance with your PlayStation Network account, contact the PlayStation chat support group for further assistance.