Unlike typical IR Remote controls, the Touchpad remote control communicates with your TV through a Bluetooth® connection which requires more power to stay functional. Frequent use may shorten the battery life, especially when performing the following operations:
- Operation on the HOME screen and/or Apps.
- Using the Touchpad.
- Using the microphone or voice recognition feature.
- The MIC button or voice recognition feature is only available on select remote controls.
- View picture of how to determine if your remote has this feature.
Checking the Remaining Battery Life
You can check the remaining battery life for your remote control if you have an Android TV™ running Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow operating system or higher with a Bluetooth® remote, such as the Touchpad or Voice Remote.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- On the HOME screen, select Settings.
- Under the Network & Accessories category, select Bluetooth settings.
- Select Device list.
- Select your remote. (For example: SONY TV RC MIC 001)
- The remaining battery life displays under Unpair. If the batteries are old, or slightly used, wait approximately ten seconds for the TV to display the estimated value.
Note: The buttons or cursors may not respond properly if the batteries are running low. Replace the batteries for better performance.